Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Target Practice

So on Saturday, the Action Figure and I went up near Deer Lodge and did some target practicing. Its been a while (we aren't gonna go there cus I'm not that old damnit!) since I've fired a weapon, but it all came back to me. It was so much fun to get up in the middle of no where and to just fire away!

Now before I get any lectures and stuff. I don't hunt, and I was brought up with gun safety being a priority. I was born and raised in Montana, and its extremely rare to find someone who was born and raised here who doesnt know how to fire a gun. Alot of people do hunt, but its mainly for safety reasons. Montana is very rural, and I live 15 miles from the nearest town. If I had someone trying to break in, it could take the cops a good half hour to get here. Not because they are that busy, but because they could be that far away. If I waited for them, I could be dead.

Where I live, there are lots of wild animals. Even though I do respect them, know the rules for being out in the mountains and safety, things happen. I want to be confident that I can protect myself and my loved ones. I do carry bear spray if I'm going into bear country since that's safer then a gun, but I do also take a gun with me. I can fire it to get someone's attention if nothing else. I also take my whistle that I use when I'm out searching for someone who is lost. Let me tell you that sucker is LOUD!!

Anyway..here are some pictures of target practice on Sat.
this is me posing with my shotgun


not to bad of a grouping for not firing in a long time.


I was about 15 yards away.

who could not love to be up here?

Luckily it wasn't that cold.
storm moving in
As you can see, a storm was moving in, but we didn't get that wet. Its a little to early for it to snow down in the lower elevations, but we did see some snow up top.

My arm is a little bruised, but it doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I just need to remember my ear plugs for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment