Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sock Club

At my local yarn store Mountain Spun, we have a sock club. I love doing this! Not only does it keep me motivated, but you have the benefit of having someone there to help you if there are any questions about the sock you are knitting on. Whats great about the sock club I'm in, the owner decided to use only local yarns. How cool is that????

We decided to use the book Sock Innovation by Cookie A. Let me tell ya, there isn't a sock in there that I did not fall in love with. The socks are just amazing.

For the first sock, we knitted Wanida. It's a little tricky to knit though, but it turns out beautiful. You have to do some shifting for the charts to line up, as long as you remember to do that, its actually fun! The yarn we used is from Wolf Creek Wools in this gorgeous shade of blue. It has bamboo in it, so the sheen is lovely.


Now for this installment of the sock club we decided to do Sunshine. Once again we are using yarn from Wolf Creek Wools in a wonderful spring green. I'm getting so spoiled with this yarn, it has cashmere in it, so I drool whenever I work on these socks. I'm looking so forward to getting down with these so I can wear them and spoil myself even more. (sigh) This is what I have done so far.


This has been a fun mix of yarn overs and cabling. So far its been working up pretty fast. In case you are wondering, the needles I'm using are Darn Pretty Needles in winter sky swirl. These are some of the best needles I've ever worked with and I highly recommend getting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment